Friday 15 March 2013

Creepy Book Covers

Have you ever come across a book whose blurb was extremely intriguing... but then you didn't dare buy it because it would haunt you forever from your bookshelf? Here are a few such books I encountered while perusing the bookshelves of Goodreads:

Tainted Grace (Grace #2) by M. Lauryl Lewis
Can you imagine getting this for Christmas or birthday? I mean, it's awesomely gruesome, but gruesome nevertheless.

The Passage by Justin Cronin
A black and white picture of a child with a creepy look in her eyes and the tagline 'Something is coming' is not something you'd find on my night stand. Especially since I hate horror movies and evil children in horror movies are the worst kind of horror movies.

Night Of The Living Dummy by R. L. Stine
Even in Slovenia we've got R. L. Stine books (fun fact: In Slovenian goose bumps are chicken bumps, kurja polt) and I remember them being scary as heck. Night Of The Living Dummy gave me a lifetime fear of ventriloquist dolls. And Buffy also had an unpleasant encounter with a doll that came to life. I'm a little traumatized.

The House Of Dead Maids by Clare B. Dunkle
Eee, she's got no eyeballs, am I the only one disturbed about this? It's giving me the heebie-jeebies.

Prophecy Of The Sisters by Michelle Zink
Everyone who's ever watched Doctor Who and knows of Weeping Angels will understand.


1 comment:

  1. ohmygods, those are really creepy! I can't even look at them for too long. I'm such a scaredy-cat. >.<

    Anyway, I found your site on Book Blogs and I'm a new GFC follower! :) Your blog is really nice. I love the polka dots on the background. Simple but pretty. :)

    I also have a book blog and I would really appreciate it if you could drop by some time and maybe follow as well. :)

    Happy reading!
    Julie @ Books and Insomnia

    ReplyDelete